- Những cánh hoa
trí tuệ: Tư tưởng tháng 8-2001
có giá trị, này các Tỳ-kheo, là những mất mát này, như mất mát bà con.
Cái này khốn cùng giữa các mất mát, này các Tỳ-kheo, tức là mất mát
trí tuệ. (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 32).
account, monks, is the loss of such things as relatives. Miserable indeed among losses is
the loss of wisdom. (The Book of the Gradual
Sayings I, p. 10).
có giá trị, này các Tỳ-kheo, là những tăng trưởng này, như tăng trưởng
bà con. Cái này là tối thượng giữa các tăng trưởng này, này các Tỳ-kheo,
tức là tăng trưởng trí tuệ. (Tăng Bộ
Kinh I, trang 32).
account, monks, is the increase of such things as relatives. Chief of all the increases is
that of wisdom. (The Book of the Gradual Sayings I,
người, này các Tỳ-kheo, khi xuất hiện ở đời, sự xuất hiện đem lại
hạnh phúc cho đa số, an lạc cho đa số, vì lòng thương tưởng cho đời,
vì lợi ích, vì hạnh phúc, vì an lạc cho chư Thiên và loài Người. Một
người ấy là ai? Chính là Thế Tôn, bậc A-la-hán, Chánh Đẳng Chánh Giác.
(Tăng Bộ Kinh I, trang 46).
there is one perdon whose birth into the worth is for the welfare of many folk, for the
happiness of many folk: who is born out of compassion for the world, for the profit,
welfare and happiness of devas and mankind.
that one person? It is a Tathagata who is Arahant, a fully
enlightened One. This, monks, is that one person. (The
Book of the Gradual Sayings I, pp. 14-15).
- 4. Người bạn gì cũng lấy,
- Biết vậy, người trí tránh,
- (Kinh Trường Bộ II, trang 538).
- The friend who’s ever seeking what
- The friend whose words are other than
- The friend who flatters, pleasing you
- The boon companion down the errant
- These four are foes. Thus having
- Let the wise man avoid them from afar
- As they were path of peril and of
- (Dialogues of the Buddha III. p. 178)
- Bạn khuyến khích lợi ích,
- Bạn có lòng thương tưởng.
- (Kinh Trường Bộ II, trang 541)
- The friend who is a helpmate, and the
- Of bright days and of dark, and he who
- What it is you need, and he who throbs
- With sympathy: - these four the wise
- As friends, and should devote himself
- As mother to her own, her bosom’s
- To him amassing wealth, like roving
- Its honey gathering [and hurting
- Riches mount up as ant-heap growing
- When the good layman wealth has so
- Able is he to benefit his clan.
- In portion four let him divide that
- So binds he to himself life’s
- One portion let him spend and taste
- His business to conduct let him take
- And portion four let him reserve and
- So there’ll be wherewithal in times
- (Dialogues of the Buddha II. pp. 179-180)
- Thân cận người đồng đẳng,
- Mau chóng được thăng tiến,
- (Tăng Bộ Kinh I, trang 223).
- Who follows mean companions soon
- He never fails who with his equals
- Who leans towards the noble rises
- So do thou serve a better than
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings I, p. 108).
- Người Hiền thực hiện chúng,
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 270-271)
- Giving and harmlessness and
- Control of sense and servece to the
- And holy ones who live the righteous
- If any one be wise to do these things
- By good men favoured, he, an Ariyan
- Clear-sighted, will attain the world
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings I, p. 135f).
- Trong rừng sâu, rừng rậm,
- Giới, bố thí, thiện hành.
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 272-273)
- Just as a mountain, all of solid rock,
- Stands in a forest, in a mighty grove,
- And neath its shelter grow the
- So in this world, dependent on their
- A virtuous believer, wife and
- Kinsmen and friends and relatives, who
- Supported by that clan-head, grow
- When they behold that good man’s
- His virtue and the righteous life he
- If they have wits, they follows his
- So in this life treading with
- The path that leads unto the Happy
- In the Heaven World they win the bliss
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings I, p. 136).
- 9. Ai là người thông minh,
- Thực hành pháp, tuỳ pháp,
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 563)
- Whoso is wise and confident,
- Of learning deep, a Dhamma-bearer,
- And lives accordantly therewith,-
- “Light of the Order” such is
- The virtuous monk, the learned nun,
- The layman and laywoman staunch,
- These four illuminate the Order.
- “Lights of the Order” they are
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings II, p. 9).
- Tạo nhiều điều phước đức,
- Đời sau hưởng Thiên giới.
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 556-557)
- Mother and father and the Enlightmened
- Tathagata, and those who follow him,
- Whoso entreateth ill stores up much
- For such ill deeds to parents, in this
- The sages blame that man, and in the
- That follows to the place of woe he
- Mother and father and the Enlightened
- Tathagata, and those who follow him,
- Whoso entreateth well stores up much
- For such good deeds to parents, in
- The sages praise that man, and
- In the world of heaven he wins
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings II, p. 4)
- 11. Ai khen người đáng chê,
- Nếu nhiếc mắng bậc Thánh,
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 554)
- Who praiseth him who should be blamed,
- Or blameth who should praised be,
- He by his lips stores up ill-luck
- And by that ill-luck wins no bliss.
- Small is the ill-luck of a man
- Who gambling loseth all his wealth.
- Greater by far th’ill-luck of him
- Who, losing all and losing self,
- Gainst the Well-fares fouls his mind.
- Whoso reviles the Worthy Ones,
- In speech and thought designing ill,
- For an hundred thousand periods,
- For six and thirty, with five more
- Such periods, to Purgatory’s doomed.
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings II, p. 4).
- Chúng sanh bị luân chuyển,
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 571)
- Bound by the bond of passions and
- Bound by the bond of view, by
- Circled about, to birth and death
- Creatures go faring on samsara’s round.
- But they who, passions fully
- Have learned becoming’s bond and
have thrown off
- The bond of view and ignorance
- Freed from all bonds have surely bonds
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings II, p. 12f).
- Không quan trọng, dễ được,
- Tâm không bị phiền nhiễu,
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 600)
- Contented with what brings no blame,
- A trifling, easy-gotten thing,
- His mind untroubled by the thought
- Of lodging, robes, or food and drink,
- He is not worried where to go.
- And thus the things declared to suit
- The life of the recluse are won
- By that contented, earnest monk.
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings II, p. 30).
- 14. Hãy sống không có tham,
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 605)
- Not covetous, with heart of malice
- A man should dwell, with concentrated
- With mind one-poined, in the self
- (The Book of the Gradual Sayings II, p. 32).
- 15. Tin tưởng vào tối thượng,
- Biết được pháp tối thượng,
- Tin tưởng Phật tối thượng,
- Tin tưởng Pháp tối thượng,
- Tin tưởng Tăng tối thượng
- Là ruộng phước vô thượng,
- Phước tối thượng tăng trưởng,
- Pháp tối thượng chánh định,
- Chư Thiên hay loài người,
- (Tăng Chi Bộ Kinh I, trang 615 –
- Of those who have faith at its best
- Who comprehend best Dhamma
- Of those who have faith in the Buddha,
- Of those who have faith in Dhamma,
- Passionless, calming, blissful:
- Of those who have faith in the Order,
- The field of merit supreme:
- Of those who give gifts of their best
- Best is their life and beauty,
- Fame, good report, bliss, strength.
- The sage who gives of his best,
- In best of dhammas calmed,
- Winning the best rejoiceth.
Book of the Gradual Sayings II, p. 39f).